(212) 201-2845 (direct)
Peter primarily represents plaintiffs in securities, antitrust, commodities and consumer class actions and also represents whistleblowers before the SEC. Prior to entering private practice, Peter served in the Enforcement Division of the Securities Exchange Commission and in the United States Attorneys’ Offices for the Southern District of New York and the Southern District of Florida where he concentrated on prosecuting white collar crime.
Peter has played a prominent role in important class actions including the mammoth IPO Securities litigation that settled for more than $500 million. In addition, Peter’s practice includes Human Rights Litigation including successfully representing Nigerian children allegedly victimized by Pfizer’s improper medical experiments involving the drug Trovan. Peter was also part of the team that represented consumers in an antitrust case against Sirius XM Radio which was resolved for $180 million.
Peter serves as co-chair of the Securities Subcommittee of the ABA Class Actions and Derivative Suits Committee. He has lectured on class actions before various professional associations.
- B.A., George Washington University, 1978
- M.A., Georgetown University, 1980
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1985
Bar & Court Admissions:
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- The New York Bar
- The New Jersey Bar